Thank you very much to all of the TextPride users out there! We have officially hit 45,000 downloads in 90 days, which is a huge milestone for us and our new company! It has been a very busy, fun, hectic…amazing first 3 months live and we can’t wait to keep it going. Sean and I have been making rounds all over the country for promotional events (BCS Championship seen below) and marketing efforts. Our stops include San Jose, Los Angeles, Dayton, Chicago, New York, Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and then adding the connections we have been to 15 cities in 45 days. Crazy! To keep us going strong we are planning some great promotions during March Madness at various tourney games.
I think that one of the reasons we have managed to grow like we have is through listening to our users. The TextPride user base has provided some great feedback, both through email@example.com and surveys like this one: www.surveymonkey.com/s/TW6MRBZ <—– PLEASE TAKE IT!
We have found our user surveys to be the most helpful of all, and as a result, are making some HUGE changes in version 1.3 of TextPride coming out in mid February. Users want packs for free, and while we have limitations because of our licensing agreements, we decided to give it to them! With version 1.3 each person can now just watch a short ad instead of paying $1.99. That easy! While this is a great upgrade, the thing that I am most excited about are the new pack offerings we are coming out with in version 1.3. These will include Sorority/Fraternity groups, 5 new schools and the Army, Air Force and Navy. To support our troops, 10% of each military sales goes to that group AND we at TextPride have decided to donate 40% on top of that to support veterans and their families. REALLY excited to give back to a great cause and revolutionize the messaging experience at the same time!
Thanks again to all of our users!!!
Hey TextPride Fans!
So this is our first post since officially going live on October 22nd, 2012. What a wild ride it has been so far!
I thought I would do a quick timeline of how TextPride got to where we are today…
- March, 2012 – Sean and I came up with TextPride in our apartment one Sunday afternoon. Instead of studying we were thinking of business ideas.
- Late March, 2012 – Met with the licensing department at Notre Dame, Mike Low and Tomi Gerhold.
- March – May, 2012 – Meeting with ND licensing as well as several other schools, including Penn State, Wisconsin, Texas and Florida. Sell Sell Sell!
- May, 2012 – Graduation!
- June, 2012 – Shipped off to the West Coast to take a job with NetApp and continue work on TextPride in Silicon Valley…the startup heart of the world.
- July, 2012 – Received notification that we were officially licensed by Notre Dame! Huge news! Texas, Florida, Penn State and Wisconsin soon follow.
- August, 2012 – Licenses start to flow in, and before we know it we are now at 35 schools! Evan officially puts in his resignation at NetApp to pursue TextPride full time. All In!
- September, 2012 – Investment from Notre Dame Alum Patrick Salvi to really propel TextPride to the next level. Pick up a couple more schools….and then DELAYS with the launch due to Apple review. Everything had been smooth sailing until this point.
- September 22, 2012 – Originally our launch date, we postpone the launch and hold an on-campus pre-launch promotion…great turnout, but very disappointed that we aren’t yet live.
- September 22 – October 21, 2012 – WAIT WAIT WAIT…very stressful time, wondering if we are ever going to get approved.
- October 22, 2012 – Finally LAUNCH with Notre Dame and Michigan packs. Social media blitz and word of mouth.
- October 3o, 2012 – Go live with 33 other schools and we are in business!
- November – December 11, 2012 – Continue pumping out schools and are now up to 45 live with some major ones in the pipeline (yes Ohio State and Indiana University are coming soon!)
- December 12, 2012 – End of the world? At least for some people who got confused with the end of the Mayan calendar on Dec, 21st, 2012 (Even thought it doesn’t account for leap year )
- December 14, 2012 – Heading into the holiday season and continuing to raise awareness for TextPride. Have some great free promotions going on and plan to have 50 schools licensed and live by January 1st!
Since going live on Oct. 22nd we have seen some great download numbers, lead by our alma mater Notre Dame and the undefeated season they are having. Post launch, we have really been focusing in on the various social media outlets to get the word out about TextPride. So http://www.facebook.com/textpride and http://www.twitter.com/textpride are the go-to sites.
Everyday is a new adventure and one that founders Sean and I are loving. Roller coaster ride so far, but our hands have been up the whole time! We will be sure to have many more posts on the TextPride, our progress, what it’s like being a young entrepreneur, and life in general!
Some Fans Text…True Fans TextPride!
Is your college team the best? Then in 32 days you can tell the world through TextPride! Textpride will allow you to customize your texts with the logos of your favorite school and send them to everyone! Follow this Blog to get up to the second updates of the launch and expansion of this application that will change texting forever!
TextPride Emoji is a mobile application brought to life by two recent University of Notre Dame alumni. It all began in their apartment at the end of their senior year, in March, 2012. Seeing the potential to take the idea to the next level, Evan Wray and Sean O’Brien relocated business headquarters to Chicago, IL to pursue the business further.
The goal of TextPride Emoji is to provide a platform for mobile users to show their team spirit through text messaging, Facebook, Twitter and email. Initially launching at Notre Dame, we continue to grow with the goal of offering a PridePack for each and every university and college. Texting, Tweeting or writing on Facebook with your favorite team’s logo is just one more way you can prove your team is the best, and TextPride Emoji wants to bring this to everyone.
Follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/textpride) and Twitter (@textpride) for more information! And see below the type of conversation you can start having on September 22!